Many of us take our birthdays for granted, but for many kids in the foster system, this celebration isn’t a guarantee. In fact, there are plenty of foster parents who actually end up being the first to give cake and presents to the child in their care. Every child deserves to know they’re special and loved, even if it’s a little later in the game. Seeing the smile on a kid’s face when they blow out their candles for the first time is heartwarming!
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
It might seem like a small thing, but being celebrated on their birthday can really make a big difference in a child’s life! We’ve rounded up some of the most beautiful foster family birthday parties on the internet that demonstrate what good parenting looks like. These kids’ reactions are so sweet!
1. This little boy’s birthday wish is making us tear up.
2. No one has ever been happier on their birthday than this foster child.
3. Big kids deserve to be celebrated, too!
4. A surprise party for her? You absolutely should have. Good job, parents!
5. These parents went all out for their foster child’s birthday party.
We love to see families who go out of their way to make sure the kids in their care feel loved. Of course, there’s a lot more that goes into being a foster parent than throwing the best birthday party ever. However, it’s a sweet start!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.