Like it or not, face masks are becoming commonplace in our society to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Many people are choosing to embrace this new trend, crafting fashionable masks to match just about any outfit. Kiana Montgomery’s dad Steve is one of those matchy-match types who got in on the matching mask trend in a very big way.
“I’m known for matching, and I criticize people at work for not matching, so I really wanted to make this happen,” Steve Montgomery told Bored Panda. As a car salesman in San Antonio, Texas, Steve wears a nice shirt and tie to work every day of the week. When masks became necessary he enlisted the help of his girlfriend to turn the pocket squares that come with his ties into face masks. The result is a perfectly color coordinated look that Kiana just had to share on Twitter.
To her astonishment, Kiana’s post went viral with thousands of likes, retweets, and comments! She says she was shocked by how popular her dad’s tie and mask combos were, but not nearly as surprised as Steve. One he learned he was a viral sensation online he totally embraced his newfound fame. Kiana was compelled to offer up even more pictures of Steve’s coordinated work outfits.
1. He’s got 15 matching tie/mask combos now and never wears the same set in a given week.
2. Kiana says her dad never wants to look just like everyone else. Mission accomplished!
3. As for the Twitter response, she was “surprised that people loved it,” but admits that “it really was a great idea.”
4. Who uses pocket squares, anyway? This is so much more practical.
5. No sense in being a trend-setter unless you can prove it, right Steve?
6. We would 10/10 buy a car from this man.
7. In case you wondered, Steve likes his socks to match too.
Now this is how you make positive efforts during a pandemic! We are so impressed with Steve’s matching efforts and hope it encourages people to find masks we love to do our part!
Share this message to spread the word.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.