Making a purchase on the web is always a bit of a gamble.
The thing about buying things off of the internet is that you never really know what they actually look like until they’re right in front of you — and boy, can photos (and merchants) be deceiving. Just ask the 20 people who are currently filled with regret after their online orders went spectacularly wrong.
1. “‘Cute’ felt pig my mother ordered online. Received that ham hock on the right.”
2. “My wife ordered a backpack from Amazon to use as a carry-on. Cat for scale.”
3. When that nice couch you ordered turns out to just be a couple of pillows thrown together over a cheap frame.
4. Frankly, this is a little terrifying.
5. “Never buy a cat tree from Amazon.”
6. Maybe the seller just decided they’d rather make a mashup of “The X-Files” and “ET”?
7. Deformed shark do do do do do do.
8. “Anyone know where I can order a really small knife and fruit to go with my new sharpener?”
9. Riddle us this: How do you capture photo evidence of earrings you never received?
10. The resemblance to Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan is simply uncanny.
11. “Ordered stuff for my Instant Pot… Box shows what I ordered… SURPRISE! Got a napkin holder.” And a filthy one at that!
12. News flash for whoever sold this rug: size matters!
13. Deadpool or Derp-pool? We’ll let you decide.
14. To be fair, he’s rocking the heck out of that dress.
15. Perspective is everything when it comes to Airbnb listings.
16. “You wouldn’t believe how noisy these pants are.”
17. “Ordered a cape, got a sweater.”
18. Canvas and paper are not interchangeable words!
19. Who was this mask intended for anyway, a shrunken head?!
20. “I didn’t expect it to look like pig feet.”
They say high expectations lead to disappointment, but these are just ridiculous! At least these items serve one purpose well: cracking us up.
Share these hilarious fails with others to give them a laugh.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.