There are some couples who just have that je ne sais quoi. It’s that little special something that keeps them young at heart and keeps their love alive year after year.
Whether it’s the continued element of surprise, an ongoing inside joke, or even just a weekly team pedicure, it’s often the simplest things that keep a relationship steady and the romance growing. We found 22 examples of duos who are so lovely, you’re going to want to tack them onto your “relationship” vision board ASAP.
1. This couple is living and loving in spite of her struggle with dementia.
2. When his wife was depressed, this husband dedicated two years to planting thousands of gorgeous flowers for her to enjoy.
3. This man taking candid photos of his wife like a lovestruck teen.
4. He’s her “surrogate pinky.”
“I was painting my nails and made a comment that I forget I don’t have to paint my pinky nail on my left hand,” Libby Sanders wrote on Facebook. “I simply forget that I lost my pinky, but it is always kind of a bummer when I am reminded. Matt said, ‘I will be your surrogate pinky. You can paint my pinky to match your nails for the rest of our lives.’
“And so we did…. I cannot imagine a sweeter, kinder man. No words adequately describe our love.”
5. This husband may not be able to sit by his wife’s side during her chemo treatments, but he made sure he didn’t leave her sight.
6. The definition of young at heart: surfing in the rain together on an ironing board!
7. Since he’s visually impaired, she was assigned to be his reader in law school. Now she’s been his sight for 50 years and counting.
8. This electric duo coordinates their outfits every single day.
9. Apparently not all Victorian couples could keep it together while taking their classically serious family portraits.
10. Fifty years later: same bicycle, same couple, more love than ever.
11. That hilariously precious moment when someone got to help return him to Dee.
12. This chic couple in their 80s set up a photo shoot to model all the clothes that were left behind at their Taiwanese laundromat.
13. This is real love: He took on the task of learning how to do his wife’s makeup before she became blind.
“Why I love my job so much! Meet Jean and Brian, two of our very loyal customers,” Scott Summers wrote. “Brian was in for another makeup lesson today as he does his wife’s makeup every day as she is going blind, such a wonderful couple who live their life to the full!”
14. After a tragic incident caused her to lose her memories of him, this husband wooed his wife for a second time — and they got married all over again!
“We have turned the hardest trial of our life into the most beautiful blessing: the opportunity to fall in love with each other a second time,” Laura Faganello told NZ Herald.
15. This couple of 66 years keeps the love (and self-love) alive through their regular pedicure dates.
16. This Russian couple never underestimates the power of silliness.
17. After being forced apart as a young couple, these two lovebirds reconnected and got married after 45 years! Now they never have to part again.
18. Sometimes you’ve just got to let your spouse channel their inner kid again.
19. Even when it’s just a regular Tuesday, this couple knows how to bring the fun with Monopoly.
20. When the hair dye fades, but their 40-year love is still going strong.
21. When his significant other wanted to try the “Hobby Lobby Challenge,” this supportive partner grabbed a plant and dubbed himself “prop master.”
22. For 20 years, this adorable couple has dueled it out over Mario Kart 64 for the grand prize of a homemade cuppa tea.
Love really is one of the sweetest things out there! We hope you enjoyed these precious #couplegoal relationships as much as we did.
Share these adorable photos with a friend to make them smile.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.