Chang Wan-ji and Hsu Sho-er probably never saw themselves becoming models, especially not in their 80s!
In the decades the couple has been running their laundry shop in Taiwan, they have served countless customers — and held on to hundreds of unclaimed pieces of clothing. Instead of letting the shirts, suits, and dresses collect dust, they decided to use them in their own fashion shows!
Check out the adorable fashionistas modeling 10 of our favorite abandoned outfits below.
1. It was the couple’s 31-year-old grandson, Reef Chang, who came up with the idea after the novel coronavirus pandemic affected their business.
the #1 good news email read by 825K+ people.
2. “My grandpa and grandma were staring blankly at the streets because business wasn’t good,” he told The Guardian. “I wanted to find something new they could enjoy doing.”
3. So Reef combed through their piles of forgotten clothing and pieced together fun looks for them to model.
4. While Reef snapped the photos and shared them on Instagram, 83-year-old Chang and 84-year-old Hsu struck poses — and served all the looks.
5. Before long, the lovebirds had become viral stars, amassing thousands of adoring fans!
6. They even appeared in the Taiwanese edition of Vogue and Marie Claire!
7. Their pictures had another unexpected effect. People who hadn’t picked up their clothes were finally coming in to do so months and years later!
8. To Chang and Hsu, who have been married for 61 years, their favorite part of modeling is revisiting their youth.
9. “Modeling these clothes makes me feel 30 years younger,” Chang said.
10. “I am old in age but my heart is not aging,” Hsu added. “I like to put on pretty clothes and go out to have some fun.”
What a great way to have fun together! We can’t be the only ones wishing these cuties were our grandparents!
Share this sweet pair’s looks to spread smiles.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.