You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but they might still have a thing or two to teach us.
Often people overlook adult or elderly animals when visiting their local animal shelter in search of a new best friend. Yet older pets have tons to offer us, including warm snuggles, never-ending devotion, and love, plain and simple. These good boys and girls may not have the energy or vibrant colors that they once did, but they’re still more than capable of warming your bed — and your heart.
1. “When an old girl gets a second chance.”
2. “Getting grey, 15 years together.”
3. “The color has faded over the years but their love hasn’t.”
4. Seventeen years young.
5. “My golden girl, Lola, just had her sweet 16.”
6. “My Millie Girl is a beautiful 16 years old! We adopted her when she was 12. She is completely deaf, but that doesn’t stop her from anything! 100% good girl.”
7. “Old dogs are cute too – Meet Shadow.”
8. “This lil’ girl’s face has gotten more white every year but her smile hasn’t changed.”
9. “Happy old dude.”
10. “Our big old man Doug turned 14 on Sunday so obviously I baked him a cake and booked him a photo shoot.”
11. “My dog is too old to go on walks anymore, so my brother put her in a wheelbarrow and went around the neighborhood.”
12. “Stout is 16 and wants your scritches.”
13. “Rescued a senior Floofer this year, we call this her ‘retirement.'”
14. “Recently adopted Artie at the ripe old age of 15. Everyone meet my new best fren.”
15. “Senior dog owner is a bus driver. Doggo goes with him to work every day.”
16. “This is Doc. He’s 19 years old and a good boy.”
17. “Wynton (13 years old) braving the cold with my Grandpa.”
18. “Adopted this 13-year-old girl 2 weeks ago. I think she likes me.”
19. “New pupper meets old soul.”
20. “My old man knows the right way to spend a Sunday in Florida.”
21. “This is my friend’s dog, Sammy. He’s 15 years old and has a slight weight problem. He went outside, got stuck like this, and his dad had to carry him in.”
22. “My old girl Libby, 13 years apart.”
23. “My old lady Sunny (14-15) went to a groomer for the first time and loved it! Everyone said she was so sweet!”
24. “My best 14-year-old man Chance stole the show at my wedding last year.”
25. “Here’s a smile from Sadie the 15-yr-old corgi.”
These pooches are just as cute as their puppy counterparts, plus they’re already house-trained and most likely over the “chew everything” phase!
Please share these sweet faces to encourage more senior pet adoptions.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.