This year has been different, to say the least. Still, amidst all the changes 2020 has brought, one thing remains true: Animals are adorable and we can’t get enough of them!
From a pup who eats with his paws like he’s a human to a rat who has saved countless lives, these little ones are a constant reminder of goodness in the world. That’s why we are sharing our top animal stories from the past 12 months!
1. Ariel Cordova-Rojas journeyed through NYC to carry an injured 17-pound swan to safety.
2. Aiden Michael Mann wakes his blind and deaf pup up every day in the most affectionate way possible.
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
3. Shug the bulldog’s parents strategically “introduced” him to his soon-to-be brother Bruce.
4. Magawa the rat earned the prestigious PDSA Gold Medal for saving countless lives by clearing land mines in Cambodia.
5. Piglet the puppy shared his story of strength and how he became a role model to kids facing challenges of their own.
6. Augie celebrated his 20th birthday, which made him the world’s oldest golden retriever.
7. American Humane’s 2020 Hero Dog award went to “Kenz,” the 4-pound Chihuahua whose instincts are always to take care of other animals before herself.
8. Esther Abrami used her violin to calm her foster kitten down in a priceless video.
9. Bluenjy the French bulldog loves nothing more than sharing snacks with his dad… which he eats with his paws like a human.
10. The many faces of Gen, a very expressive corgi.
We are in love with each and every one of these adorable faces! We’re so thankful for the time we spend with our animal besties!
Know someone who could use a boost today? Share these stories with them!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.