Olivia Newton-John passed away recently at the age of 73.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Many of us remember the singer and actress for her sunny, wholesome starring role in “Grease,” followed by a string of pop radio hits in the 1970s and 1980s. Behind the scenes, Newton-John was a devoted wife, mother, health advocate, and activist who made a positive impact on the world around her. Here are some of her words of wisdom to honor her legacy of love and kindness.
1. “Nature is the most beautiful thing we have. It’s better than art because it’s from the creator.”
2. “‘Grease’ changed my life in the most amazing way, and I’ve had such an amazing life. When things go wrong, you’ve got to believe you will get through them and focus on the positive things in your life.”
3. “I live every day to its fullest extent and I don’t sweat the small stuff.”
4. “I feel very passionately that we need to take care of the planet and everything on it. Whether it’s saving the Amazon or just being kind to those around you, we need to take care of each other and Mother Earth.”
5. “I remember as a little girl I could tell you the name of the dog next door, but I couldn’t tell you the names of the kids. The dog was my best friend. I love animals. They give so much to you and demand so little.”
6. “I don’t know what my path is yet. I’m just walking on it.”
7. “I respect my parents’ opinion very much. No matter how old you are, what your parents think is very important. If they like your boyfriend or if they like some work you’ve done. And if they don’t, it’s more shattering than anybody else telling you, because they’re the most honest.”
8. “To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn’t hurt.”
9. “The only weights I lift are my dogs.”
10. “My memories are inside me – they’re not things or a place – I can take them anywhere.”
Farewell, Sandra Dee. We love you. We honestly love you.
Share these quotes to celebrate a life well-lived.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.