Large dogs sometimes get a bad rap for their size, which some find pretty intimidating. But if Irish wolfhounds are any indication, the bigger the animal, the sweeter they are.
While these pups were originally bred to be used as hunting dogs, they’re better known today for their gentle, affectionate dispositions that capture the hearts of whoever they meet. There’s really nothing to fear when it comes to one of the tallest dog breeds, as you’ll see in the 26 lovable goofballs below.
1. “Dog-head is served. Enjoy your meal!”
2. “If Lincoln can’t be a couch dog then she will be a floor person.”
3. When your lap dog has his own lap dog.
4. You know you have a big dog when your human-sized pajama pants fit him just fine.
5. Could this kitten be any safer?
6. Their paws are just as huge as their hearts.
7. They may have zero kitchen space, but they’ve sure got plenty of love!
8. “My Irish wolfhound, sitting on grandma’s lap. He has no idea how big he is.”
9. Meet Guinness the couch — ahem, dog.
10. The most majestic beasts you’ll ever see.
11. “Big Ron & Big Ern.”
12. “Murphy at 8 months, he’s now 4 years old and 165lb.”
13. “Amber is 5ft… Moose is one big boy!”
14. Fun fact: Irish wolfhounds are known for their epic photobombs.
15. Did we mention Irish wolfhounds are big?
16. An Irish wolfhound and his two “subwoofers.”
17. And here we see two real-life werewolves play-fighting in the snow.
18. Horse, dog… is there really a difference?
19. Yeah, you’re gonna need a bigger couch.
20. Bigfoot, is that you??
21. Cue Dad falling over in 3…2…1…
22. “My mother’s Irish wolfhound, with banana for scale.”
23. “All the belly rubs, please.”
24. He’s got legs for days!
25. “My Irish wolfhound helping grandma make cookies. Nothing was safe on that counter.”
26. What’s that? You thought German shepherds were big??
Who needs dire wolves when you have Irish wolfhounds? Anyone would be lucky to share their homes with these gentle giants.
Share this story with other dogs lovers who appreciate the breed.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.