Part of what makes the world fun is that we all have different perspectives. For example, most of us just see pasta as food.
But for Linda Miller Nicholson of Seattle, Washington, it’s her chosen medium. The artist, who’s been called “an internationally-recognized pasta powerhouse,” has made a name for herself by using flour, natural dyes, and various tools to create colorful (and delicious) works of art.
Check out 15 of her stunning pieces below, and don’t be surprised if your stomach starts growling!
1. Linda learned the secrets of pasta-making first from her grandparents and then from chefs in Italian kitchens.
2. Her avant-garde style, however, is of her own making.
3. Colors are her specialty, and she mixes them with her own natural ingredients.
4. For green, Linda uses spinach or parsley.
5. A mixture of pureed beets and chicken or duck eggs produces a rich red.
6. Whole turmeric root makes for a bright yellow.
7. As for blue, Linda uses flowers native to southeast Asia.
8. Ironically, blueberries are perfect for purple.
9. As for orange, it comes from pureed peppers or carrots with eggs.
10. From abstract designs to famous paintings, there are no limits to what Linda can create!
11. She’s even captured the likeness of a few celebrities, including Ellen DeGeneres…
12. …and Reese Witherspoon.
13. “Basically, you name it, I’ve tried to turn it into pasta,” Linda said.
14. While each piece only takes a few hours to make, it’s easier said than done!
15. After all, Linda has years of experience under her belt — plus an unrivaled passion for beautiful pasta.
Talk about unique! All of these designs are treats for the eyes. You can check out more of the gifted artist’s work on Instagram.
Amaze others by sharing these cool (and tasty) creations.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.