They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but that’s not necessarily true when it comes to branding.
Famous brands and companies pay top dollar for logo design, slogans, and other forms of marketing, but that doesn’t stop the little guys from shamelessly “borrowing” in hopes that the consumer won’t notice. Often, these knockoffs look like the real deal at first glance, but upon closer inspection, you see that these products might not be of the same quality! Here are a few funny knockoffs that aren’t fooling anybody.
1. Good old “Chewfasa.” Wasn’t he “Hun Silo’s” best friend?
2. Ralph Lauren would be appalled!
3. We think this toy company is projecting their feelings.
4. Pizza King and Burger Hut: located in a parallel universe near you.
5. Oh, they’re “Fony” alright.
6. I’d love a “North Fake” jacket but I doubt I can afford it.
7. Don’t bother reaching for the stars.
8. These boots perfectly reflect the buyer’s mood when they realized their mistake. “Ugh.”
9. “Break me off a piece of that Kat Kot bar!”
10. My lovely horse… who looks positively terrified.
11. Seinfeld, Nirvana = Tomato, tomahto.
12. Move over, Game Boy.
13. Perfect — as long as your name happens to be Mike.
14. Steve Jobs would definitely not approve.
15. These birds are angry but not for the usual reasons.
16. “Meats by Dre” sounds more like a knockoff butcher shop than ear pods.
17. Not to be confused with “Aladdin.” Why would you even think that?
18. Who cares what you think?
19. “Once you pop… that’s great!” Pringles really missed the boat on that slogan.
20. Definitely not an official Girl Scout product.
It’s hard to believe somebody put these products on the market without a smidgen of irony, but here we are. Just remember they’re not a total failure — they made us laugh, didn’t they?
If you enjoyed these funny knockoffs please share this story to make someone else smile today too.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.