Savvy shoppers are always looking for a good bargain, but sometimes it might be worth our while to pay full price.
If you’re trying to save a few bucks, you might be tempted to find a knockoff Halloween costume this year. These off-brand options are very similar to their licensed counterparts, but they’re just slightly off. You can tell immediately that they’re knockoffs, and not just because the quality of the costume is almost definitely not as good as the licensed version. Nope, you can tell because since they’re not licensed, they’re not allowed to use the real name of the characters. So they get… creative!
Show me your favorite knock-off Halloween costume. Right now, I'm team "Notionless" because the designer wanted to get to lunch and hit the thesaurus pic.twitter.com/Dm7omvckuz
— No Dana, only Zuul Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) October 22, 2018
After writer Dana Schwartz noticed a hilarious knockoff version of Cher from “Clueless,” Twitter users had a field day sharing their own knockoff Halloween discoveries. Here are some of the best.
1. It’s not Neo from “The Matrix,” it’s Cyber Man (or Padre).
2. She may look like Hermione Granger, but she’s actually Hermany Grinder.
“The top student at Chogborts!”
3. Beetlejuice? No way; this is Juice Demon.
Clearly no relation.
4. Harley Quinn meet Dangerous.
5. It’s not Prince, it’s 80’s Purple Musician.
6. Move over Katniss Everdeen, there’s a new Hungry Rebel Girl in town.
7. Captain America is no match for Brave Warrior America.
8. “Where’s Waldo?” We don’t know, but here’s “Where’s the Stripey Dude” instead.
9. Gomez from “The Addams Family,” AKA Creepy Husband.
10. And here’s his daughter, Mid-Week Honey — not to be mistaken with Wednesday.
11. Mario, is that you? Nope, just a Video Game Guy.
12. First of all, Oompa Loompas aren’t supposed to be female… or sexy.
13. “You know nothing Jon Snow,” and neither does Dark Northern King.
14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have nothing on this Pubescent Frog.
15. She may be an Anonymous Star, but everybody knows this is Sia.
16. It’s not Aladdin, it’s A-Lad-In A Costume. Please don’t sue them.
17. Is that Rey from “Star Wars”? Nah, just another Galaxy Rebel.
18. Comb Over Candidate? No idea who this might be.
19. It’s not Minecraft it’s Minegame. Get it right!
20. Poor Fred from “Scooby-Doo.”
21. It’s not Olaf it’s just your average Boyish Snow-Clown.
22. “Stranger Things”? Nah, just Unusual Events.
23. Because Darth Vader is nothing if not an Out of Space man.
24. He Who Must Not Be Named, indeed.
25. Bonus: Dumbledore can also double for any generic wizard.
Are these really the best names they could come up with? It’s like they’re not even trying.
If these made you laugh, please share the joy with others!
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.