When life throws challenges our way, it’s always nice to have family to turn to for comfort. For some, who they define as “family” can be a bit tricky. Thankfully, the adoption process can give folks a new start in life. This chance to connect with a new family is one we’ve seen people from all around the world experience, and it’s one of our favorite stories to share.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
That’s why we’ve collected just a few of of our favorite adoption stories that we’ve written over the years. In them, you’ll be reminded as to why the word “family” can be applied to anyone, not just those we’re related to by blood.
1. Growing up on the streets or in an orphanage for much of his life, Abraham never had a birthday cake… until he was adopted.
2. Six siblings in Florida almost remained separated in the foster care system until Dustin and Daniel fought to keep them together.
3. When it came time for Jennifer Hubby to officially adopt her wife’s 5-year-old son, what the little boy had to share with the judge had everyone in tears.
4. When 6-year-old Harvey’s foster parents announced they had adopted him, he had the most wholesome reaction!
5. When given the opportunity, this single mom chose to adopt four siblings so they could stay together.
The adoption process can be tricky and exhausting but, when done properly, it has the power to quite literally save lives. It also serves as a reminder that when the right people come into our lives to prove that we are loved and wanted, powerful things can happen.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.