1. Write a letter to someone you know who could use some extra attention. A real letter… With paper.
2. Tape quarters to a vending machine for the next person to use.
Image via Charity Matters
3. Pay the toll for the driver behind you.
4. Pay the bill for the person behind you in line at the drive through.
5. Each time you get a new article of clothing, give one away.
6. Leave microwave popcorn bags next to a redbox vending machine.
Image via tumblr.com
7. Help someone whose car is broken down.
8. Thank a veteran.
9. Help a stranger with their groceries.
10. Smile at a stranger.
Image via Care2
11. Let someone go in front of you in line.
12. Cook a meal for someone (microwaving a hot pocket doesn’t count.)
13. Eat lunch with someone new.
Image via The Motion Machine
14. Mow a neighbor’s lawn.
15. Leave a sticky note with an inspirational message somewhere random for a stranger to find.
Image via blog.amtrak.com
16. Ask the grocery clerk to apply your unused coupons to another customer’s items.
17. Deliver food to a nearby fire station or group home.
Image via Guardian Angel
18. Be the bigger person: Cede the parking space.
19. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even if you’re in a rush.
20. Say “I love you” to someone you love.
Image via flickr.com
21. When you’re on a crowded train or bus, offer your seat to someone who needs it more than you (elderly, disabled or pregnant person.)
22. Call or write to a teacher who changed your life.
Image via theguardian.com
23. Bring a box of doughnuts to share at the office.
24. Help a friend pack for a move.
Image via The Parenting Files
25. Pass along a great book you’ve just finished reading.
26. Create a mix CD for a friend.
Image via amazon.com
27. If it’s hot, give out cold Gatorades to your mail carrier or garbage men. If it’s cold, offer hot chocolate to crossing guards or police officers.
28. Keep an extra umbrella at work so you can lend it out when it rains.
29. Give someone a hug for no particular reason.
Image via diviantart.net
30. Hold the elevator.
Bonus: Fill your calendar with these ideas and complete an act everyday.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.