Thanks to advances in technology, the world is becoming more and more accommodating for everyone.
Over the years, clever inventors have found ways around so-called “limitations” by making a variety of experiences accessible to people who couldn’t enjoy them before! See the power of inclusive innovations for yourself in these 15 amazing examples below!
1. “This kettle fits into a tilting mount to help people with arthritis pour.”
2. “If you’re an elderly or disabled [person in Singapore], you will receive a card that enables you to cross the road with a longer countdown time.”
3. “This picnic table has seating for adults, a high chair, and a kids’ table all in one.”
4. “My daughter is blind and for her 9th birthday party we made braille chocolate message slabs — ‘I love you’ and ‘happy birthday’ in braille.”
5. In five state parks in Tennessee, 11 “color-blind viewfinders” outfitted with EnChroma lenses can be found, allowing everyone to enjoy the gorgeous views.
6. “In the city of Kızkalesi, Turkey, this beach includes an access ramp so that [people in wheelchairs] can swim.”
7. “This park has a swing for wheelchair users.”
8. “I adapt cars for disabled people for a living, a guy rocked up on this beast today.”
9. “This truck has a slide out door and elevator for a wheelchair bound driver.”
10. “This chair allowing people with disabilities to go in the sea. Free for anyone to use, Santa Cruz, Portugal.”
11. “This wearable microphone one of my students gave me to beam directly to his hearing aids.”
12. “At the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, they have [touchable] versions of paintings so that blind visitors can still enjoy the art.”
13. “Emergency alarm cords running along the floor of the disabled toilet in Berlin Airport in case someone falls over and requires assistance.”
14. “This carousel in Hong Kong has a sea turtle mounted to the floor for disabled children.”
15. This man built an off-road wheelchair so his wife could explore the great outdoors.
What fantastic ways to help everyone feel included! Because of the bright minds behind these devices, all of us can enjoy our best lives!
Share these incredible creations to make someone smile today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for the Happiness Subscription and get the #1 daily good news email, expert health & wellness tips, and more! Learn more.