We all know that doctors, nurses, physician’s assistants, and EMTs are heroes, even when we’re not dealing with them directly.
These people go to school for years on end and sacrifice much of their personal lives so that they can save others, but sometimes, the true power of what they do shines through in the smaller stories. The little anecdotes teach us the meaning of life, the power of loss, and the strength of the human spirit. Recently, tweets by medical professionals went viral and the 23 small stories have huge messages about humanity that we all need to hear.
1. The best possible news to deliver!
2. It gets better.
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
3. The human ability to persevere is truly incredible.
4. We live on in the memories of others.
5. A moment from when she was two years old shaped her whole life.
6. Medical professionals leave lasting impressions on so many people.
7. First responders really are everyday heroes.
8. Doctors and nurses save patients and patients end up returning the favor, even when they don’t make it.
9. It’s amazing how doctors’ and patients’ lives become intertwined.
10. There’s a wake-up call for you.
11. They shine when it all comes down to the wire.
12. The smallest moments in our lives can leave the biggest impressions.
13. Your legacy will never die.
14. Love the people in your life while you can show them how much you care.
15. The best kind of anniversary on Earth.
16. Sometimes your gut tells you when to push through.
17. Everyone deserves our compassion and humanity.
18. You never know when a simple conversation can save a life.
19. This guy’s a fighter! Look at that smile.
20. We sometimes all need a reminder that we’re moving in the right direction.
21. Even paths that cross for a few brief moments can change an entire life.
22. Everyone deserves love, dignity, and respect.
23. They sent her a sign.
That really puts everything in perspective, doesn’t it? Be sure to share these stories with the people you love.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.