Much like last year, 2021 has been full of challenges and opportunities for growth. It’s also been a year where animals have been there to cheer us up with their adorable antics.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
We’ve shared many stories all about those very animals and, to be honest, we just can’t get enough of them! From funny and lighthearted to heartwarming and encouraging, here are our top animal stories from this year.
1. An unexpected bear friend.
Photographer Drew Hammond had planned on snapping a few shots of grizzly bears during his trip to Alaska, but he never expected to get this close!
2. Breaking news: Pierogi the puppy needs everyone’s attention.
Reporter Bob Bernard was planning on providing weather updates to the city of Leesburg, VA, but he got a little sidetracked when a pup from a nearby house decided to make an appearance. Needless to say, everyone was fine with this turn of events.
3. Stray dog saves baby.
When this stray dog began chasing and barking at Junrell Fuentes Revilla, who was on his motorcycle, he had a feeling something was wrong. Listening to his instincts, he followed the dog who led him to an abandoned baby the pup had found next to a garbage dump.
4. Celebrate National Puppy Day (any day of the year) with puppy facts and adorable photos!
5. The true Suez Canal heroes.
Earlier this year, a ship named the Ever Given famously got stuck in the Suez Canal for two whole weeks. Many people credit humans for finally setting it free, but it depends on who you ask.
6. Marshall and baby Macy have been best friends since before Macy was born, and their precious friendship is being documented online!
7. Thanks to Ryan Dykta’s editing skills, he’s able to share “conversations” he has with his adorable dog, Casper.
8. Who can forget these doggy daycare rejects?
Having your dog kicked out of daycare can be absolutely devastating. Other times, it leaves you with a hilariously memorable story you’ll be telling for years to come.
9. Gorilla mama and human mama share a special moment with their babies at the Franklin Park Zoo.
10. Bailey and his bunnies.
This golden retriever may not be the mom of these four bunnies, but don’t tell him that!
11. There’s nothing like the unconditional love of a pet… that is until you get a significant other and they love them more than you.
12. Little sister to the rescue!
With his human parents not home, Chucky the tiny Pomeranian was stuck doing laps around the pool after falling in. Thankfully, Jessie was around and determined to save her big brother.
13. Actor Wesley Ryan wanted to put his best foot forward in his audition video, but his cat Odie wanted to be the one in the spotlight!
14. These dogs don’t quite understand how sitting works, but that’s okay.
15. Baby Frem gets a puppy for his birthday!
What would we do without these incredible animal friends? You know what, never mind, we don’t even want to think about it!
Spread the joy of these animal stories and share this list with a friend.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.