Love enriches our lives in so many ways.
After all, caring for others gives us hope and strength as we navigate this crazy thing called life. It also teaches us compassion, makes our struggles worthwhile, and brings us joy in a way nothing else can. So to celebrate Valentine’s Day, we’re sharing our top 10 love stories of all time.
1. Writer Derek Harvey eloquently describes the best advice about marriage he’s ever received.
“Let your OBSERVATION take precedence over your EXPECTATION. Period. In other words, go with the flow.”
2. The Jubilee Project’s short film, “Blind Devotion,” beautifully captures the unconditional love a man has for his wife as she copes with losing her sight.
3. Matthew blows other proposals out of the water with an intricate gesture that left his girlfriend in tears.
During a supposed road trip with friends in 2016, he recorded himself visiting Kristina’s family members to ask for their blessing — including her late father.
4. When Tom Hanks is asked to reveal the secret behind his rock-solid marriage to fellow actor Rita Wilson, he gives a simple yet powerful answer.
“I think the end result is that we got married for all the right reasons.” he said. “We just like each other.”
5. Actress Cameron Diaz explains why she didn’t get married until 42: She was waiting for the one!
6. Performance artists Marina Abramovic and Uwe Laysiepen share an emotional reunion decades after they parted ways.
7. This dance and musical theater teacher bursts into tears at her wedding when she turns around and sees all of her students there for a special surprise.
8. Emily Hardman explains why she wasn’t upset when her boyfriend proposed with a ring that cost $8.88.
They wanted to focus on what’s most important: love!
9. With some help from his friends, Chance Veazey leaves his wheelchair to share a heartwarming first dance with his bride.
10. Lee Loechler spent six months animating himself and his high school sweetheart into “Sleeping Beauty” before pulling off a fairy-tale proposal.
As we’ve seen, love is all around us! Here’s to one of the purest and most rewarding parts of life.
Share this story to celebrate love in all its forms.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.