Recently, Adam Sandler made headlines for his heartwarming kindness towards his co-star Jennifer Aniston. Curious? You can read all about it in our previous story. But wait — there’s more to Sandler than meets the eye.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Adam Sandler isn’t just another Hollywood name. He’s a legend with layers, and we’ve dug deep to find some surprising, interesting, and inspiring facts about him that you won’t see coming.
1. From Stand-Up to Stardom: Before he was making you laugh in movies, Adam Sandler was cracking jokes on a stand-up stage.
2. Roomies with Apatow: A $900/month apartment and two future Hollywood heavyweights? Yep, Adam Sandler and Judd Apatow were roommates!
3. Cupid Schneider: Cupid’s arrow came from Rob Schneider when he introduced Adam Sandler to his future wife, Jackie Sandler.
4. A Heart of Gold: Sandler supports 19 charities and foundations. Generosity, anyone?
5. NYU’s Finest: The Tisch School of Arts lists him as a “noted alumni,” but did you know Sandler was also an NYU Resident Assistant?
6. An Oscar Juror: Surprise! As of 2015, Sandler has been deciding who takes home those golden statues
7. The Shy Comedian: Even after SNL and stand-up gigs, Sandler still gets a case of the jitters on stage.
8. Family Cameo: In “Hotel Transylvania,” Sandler’s real-life wife and daughter voice his animated family — talk about a family affair!
9. Platinum Funny Man: His 1993 comedy album, “They’re All Gonna Laugh At You,” didn’t just make people laugh — it went double platinum and snagged a Grammy nomination!
10. A Friend in Sandler: True friendship lasts, especially if you’re in Sandler’s inner circle. He’s recast some pals in as many as 15 films!
So, the next time you see Adam Sandler cracking a joke on screen or hear about his latest act of kindness, remember — this man is a treasure trove of talents and surprises.
Want to be even more inspired? Share this article to spread the wonder!
You can find the source of this story’s featured image here.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.