Every mom out there can relate to the exhausting feeling that a long day brings. Whether it’s spent delivering kids to their daily activities or keeping up with your little ones when then nest is empty, mothers are the hardest working people around.
And they deserve to be refreshed. Often.
With that in mind, here are the 14 most refreshing quotes for hardworking moms. Enjoy!
1. “A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.” – Unknown
2. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.” – Lisa Alther
3. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermont
4. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
5. “It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.” – Erma Bombeck
6. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.” – Phyllis Diller
7. “If you have never been hated by your child you have never been a parent.” -Bette Davis
8. “The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant – and let the air out of the tires.” – Dorothy Parker
9. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” – Jane Sellman
10. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
11. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
12. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren Read
13. “If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.” – Marie Osmond
14. “Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up children; now, I have six children and no theories.” – J. Wilmot
Moms are awesome, so don’t you forget that! Celebrate them today and share these quotes in their honor!