Growing up with siblings means you always have a friend to keep you company, complain about your parents with, and just lean on during tough times.
It also means all-out war. Okay, so maybe we’re being a bit dramatic. But if you grew up with a big or little brother or sister, you know that they no matter the age difference, there was always a friendly competition going on behind the scenes. Sure, it was all meant with love (right?), but just walking into the living room could seem like a minefield.
When you see the hilarious siblings below, you might get flashbacks yourself, but you’ll also definitely laugh along.
1. There can only be one twin!
2. A harmless game of oversized LEGOs can turn south real fast.
3. What “I barely even touched him!” really looks like.
4. Every little sibling has been tricked into doing something they were told would be “fun!”
5. “Just try it!”
6. Walking into the room you share with your sibling who was “sick” and got to stay home from school.
7. There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing you’ll scare the living daylights out of a sibling.
“My sister and her boyfriend are heading up to our cabin tomorrow night, so I left them a present for when they turn on the lights.”
8. We don’t even need to see an after picture to know this is the “Brother of the Year” winner right here.
9. “My sister is a vegan. Last night she & a few friends crashed & passed out in my pad. She’s going to be so confused when she wakes up.”
10. Not cool, bro. Not. Cool.
11. Leave a sibling alone in the house and you can come home to some pretty terrible scenes… (When you see it).
12. That feeling when your younger sibling is finally old enough to give you a present.
13. And then there’s that feeling when you know getting something good from them will never happen.
14. Any sister with an older brother can appreciate how protective they get.
“My sister hid the fact that she had a boyfriend from my brothers and I for 4 months. Tonight was the first time we got to meet him, so we decided to dress up for the occasion.”
15. Surrender when you both called “shotgun”? Never.
16. They have a habit of ruining all that is wonderful and pure in this world.
17. And highlighting our unflattering qualities.
“My sister’s nickname is giraffe because she has a long neck. She hates it. This is going to be my birthday to her.”
18. When they want to, they can take things frustratingly literal — sure, I’ll save you a little of everything!
19. Actual footage of every younger sibling trying to fight their older one:
But when everything’s said and done, having siblings can totally pay off when you work together.
They’re not so bad!
Share this with your siblings to spread some laughs.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.