We can’t control what happens to us in life, but we can decide how to respond.
That’s why we’re so impressed with everyone in the photos below. They’ve had their fair share of ups and downs, but no matter what they face, they just keep looking on the bright side!
1. He met his other half at the mall.
2. This 7-year-old with alopecia dressed up for her school’s “Crazy Hair Day.”
3. This man knows how to have a good time at the beach!
4. His sleeves are always too long, so he figured out how to make the best of it.
5. His real prosthetic took weeks to make, so he made himself a temporary one out of Legos.
6. This may not be a long-term solution, but it makes for a good picture!
7. This woman beat cancer and shared a picture of her “twin” when her hair started growing back.
8. “My friend was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. He thought it would be funny to send this as his Christmas letter. His wife, horrified, added the sticker.”
9. “My brother lost his foot over a year ago. Here is his pirate Halloween costume, complete with a peg leg he made himself!”
10. Dad’s new chemotherapy port is working just fine, thanks.
11. If you have to wear a cast, why not make it super?
12. After eight weeks of chemo, she lost her hair but not her sense of humor.
13. Well, they’re not wrong.
14. Why not sit on an Iron Throne for Halloween?
15. “My wife was in an accident about two months ago resulting in a severe brain injury. We thought we’d make the most of the situation! Zoinks!”
16. If the shirt fits…
17. Remember this fun children’s game?
18. The best Christmas decorations aren’t always on your house.
19. “Going back to work next week. Trying to convince my colleagues I had a beach holiday.”
Laughter really is the best medicine! Thank you to all the folks out there who are reminding us that we can always find something to smile about.
Share this story to cheer someone up today!
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.