This is a full-time role based in Dallas, TX.
There’s too much negative and divisive media in the world today. InspireMore exists to push back against that negativity by becoming the world’s leading positive media brand.
Since launching InspireMore in 2014, our stories have been viewed and shared by over 500 million people worldwide. While reaching millions of people is exciting, the end goal that keeps us passionately motivated is impact.
Here’s a testimonial from a community member that summarizes the first part of this impact:
“I just stumbled across your site – right when I really needed it! I have clinical depression caused by complex trauma and lately, it’s got so bad I didn’t want to deal with it anymore. Then today I came across your site and it has given me the strength to carry on. I just want to say thank you. Without sounding dramatic, I think this site has probably saved my life. Thank you again.” – Debbie
This is just one of the many responses we receive each and every day. Positive stories spread hope and can truly change lives and culture. Additionally, we give a portion of our time and our advertising revenue to raise awareness and funds for inspiring causes world-wide. Since 2014, we’ve been able to donate over $100,000 to our amazing featured causes!
We deeply believe in our mission and we are looking for like-minded people to join our team to help us further it. Our goals are ambitious and the cause is worthy!
About the Role
We are looking for a junior editor join our editorial team at our home office in Dallas, Texas. The candidate will report to senior editorial staff and work with them to source, create, and edit the good news and uplifting stories that millions turn to InspireMore for each month. This role is for someone who’s eager to learn and ready to join a growing media startup on its mission to brighten the world and spread hope.
What you’ll be doing
- Edit content for grammar, structure, flow, and accuracy to ensure content meets internal guidelines and standards.
- Assist in editorial calendar planning, article assignments, and content research.
- Support senior editorial staff on special projects.
- Write and/or research for short articles or timely pieces when needed.
What we’re looking for
- You have some experience in digital writing/editing (blogging, digital publication, etc.).
- You show strong communication, editorial, and writing skills.
- You have keen attention to detail, paired with excellent time management skills.
- You’re committed to high-quality work and continual self-improvement.
- You work well on a team and also independently.
- You’re proactive and optimistic.
- You’re quick to lift others up.
- Your not afraid to figure things out.
- You noticed that in the last bullet point that “your” should have been “you’re.”
What would set you apart
- You’re familiar with WordPress and Adobe Photoshop.
- You’re comfortable wearing different hats in order to help us achieve our ambitious company objectives.
- You’re passionate about InspireMore and our mission.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries and health benefits (includes dental & vision).
- $50/month health reimbursement.
- Flexible vacation policy and team holidays.
- Catered team lunch every Thursday.
- Quarterly team service day.
- Excellent coffee plus stocked office snacks.
- Ability to be a part of a movement and where people are positively impacted every single day, like Bobbi S. who said, “As a social worker/mental health therapist, I am inundated with bad news and InspireMore gives me glimpses of happiness that I need!”
How to apply
Click here to apply.
Know someone who would be the perfect fit for this role? Share the job with them using the buttons below.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$15.30 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$15.30 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.