Women are amazing. From astronauts to moms raising tiny humans to history-makers intent on changing the world, there is no shortage of female heroes. Just ask the men who look up to them!
Recently, Twitter user Jess Brown decided to ask her followers an important question: “Do men have women heroes?” Judging by the overwhelmingly positive responses, the answer is yes! Check out 13 of these amazing people below!
1. Primatologist and anthropologist Jane Goodall, the founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and a UN Messenger of Peace.
2. “Katherine Johnson, hands down.”
“Her work was ESSENTIAL to U.S. spaceflight, and us winning the #SpaceRace! I grew up reading about her, and did a project in one of my aerospace engineering classes based on her work.”
3. This researcher, mom, wife, and doctor in training!
4. Big Mama Thornton, the blues singer who topped the charts with her take on Leiber and Stoller’s “Hound Dog” in the 1950s.
5. The woman who rose through the ranks on her own merit.
6. Dr. Catherine Hamlin, who eased new mothers’ suffering at no cost.
7. The “Night Witches,” whose stealth and bravery knew no bounds.
8. These two loved ones with matching hearts of gold.
9. Margaret Hamilton, the computer scientist and systems engineer behind the on-board flight software for NASA’s Apollo program.
10. Hedy Lamarr, actress and co-inventor of frequency-hopping radio signals, which brought us WiFi and Bluetooth!
11. “Muthulakshmi Reddy, the first non-white elected legislator in the world. Essential in setting up the state health service we have today.”
12. “Siti Manggopoh. A very brave woman from West Sumatra. Famous for leading a fight against Dutch colonialism in the region.”
13. Beatriz Galindo, writer and teacher to Queen Isabella of Castile. Born in the late 1400s, she was considered one of the most educated women of her time.
With role models as wonderful as these, it’s no wonder Jess received thousands of replies! It just goes to show that throughout history, women have proven time and time again how powerful they truly are.
Share this story to celebrate these heroes and others in your own life.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.