Just because veterinarians have important, lifesaving jobs doesn’t mean they have to take everything seriously. In fact, most well-pet visits are pretty uneventful, which leaves plenty of time for TikTok shenanigans for Dr. Matt McGlasson, D.V.M!
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Dr. Matt is a chief medical officer who oversees four Noah’s Ark Animal Clinics in Kentucky. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he started making silly videos of himself at work to bring more joy to the world. His TikTok fanbase grew to well over half a million thanks to his playful yet kind videos about meeting some of the sweetest four-legged patients on the planet. When he started doing “rating my patients” videos with criteria such as “face squishiness” and “freshest toe beans,” his popularity soared even higher!
1. Phoebe got high ranks for wearing matching socks to her appointment and having “purrfect belly spots.”
2. Sometimes the kitties are so purrfect, Dr. Matt has trouble not taking them all home with him at night. Honestly? Same!
3. Get ready for 14 seconds of pure cuteness, compliments of “the trifecta.”
4. That wink, though! No wonder this video got 4.6 million views.
5. Tim’s got no tail, don’t care! Plus he looks like Ed Sheeran, so that’s cool.
6. This tiny “soul void” stole his soul, but he’s not even mad.
7. First impressions count! Judy gets bonus points for wearing a tuxedo to her appointment. This is by far Dr. Matt’s most popular video. It’s been viewed over 6 million times.
8. A good animal doctor doesn’t even mind fish breath.
9. Frankie is practically purrfect in every way.
10. Who’s the cutest of them all? Here’s a round-up of some of Dr. Matt’s favorite patients.
11. He sees other animals aside from cats, but they seldom get rated. One exception is Betty the geriatric dog, who got points for eye crust and having no teeth. Aw!
“My mission is to celebrate the human-animal bond,” Dr Matt explained. “When pet parents come in with their new kittens, they are so excited and happy and they all think their kitten is the best. And they’re all right.”
He’s not wrong! We give this good doctor a 1,000/10 for his awesome patient rating system.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.