Most of us have extra free time on our hands as we self-isolate to avoid spreading COVID-19, so why not put that time to good use by exercising our brains?
While schools are closed, we can still learn from home. Right now, several Ivy Leagues are offering free online classes. Here are 20 of our favorite courses that will help you expand your knowledge — even in quarantine!
1. Whether you adore performing arts or know nothing about them, Dartmouth’s Introduction to Italian Opera is the perfect way to find out more.
2. Join these scientists under the sea in Sharks! Global Biodiversity, Biology, and Conservation from Cornell University.
3. Learn to harness the power of social media and influence in Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content from University of Pennsylvania.
4. Get familiar with ancient Egyptian civilizations through Harvard University’s Pyramids of Giza: Ancient Egyptian Art and Archaeology.
5. Start developing a smarter business with Decision-Making and Scenarios from University of Pennsylvania.
6. Become a better team player by delving into University of Pennsylvania’s The Power of Team Culture.
7. Experience what goes into creating your favorite animated films through Columbia University’s Animation and CGI Motion.
8. Become an expert in Bitcoin through Cryptocurrency and Blockchain: An Introduction to Digital Currencies from University of Pennsylvania.
9. Create a more inclusive environment for your students with Columbia’s Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom.
10. Love technology? Learn what it can do in Columbia’s Robotics class.
11. Prepare to help others through Harvard’s Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster.
12. Translate calculus equations into real-life scenarios in Harvard’s Calculus Applied!
13. Develop a greater appreciation for poetry in University of Pennsylvania’s Modern & Contemporary American Poetry.
14. If you prefer literature, check out Harvard’s Ancient Masterpieces of World Literature.
15. How do theories and heroes relate? Find out in Harvard’s Power and Responsibility: Doing Philosophy with Superheroes.
16. If you’re a fan of Shakespeare, you’ll fit right into Harvard’s Shakespeare’s Life and Work.
17. Discover how addiction affects communities in Harvard’s The Opioid Crisis in America.
18. Explore the idea of other life in the universe in Princeton University’s Imagining Other Earths.
19. Develop your influence with Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator from Yale University.
20. Dip your toes into the human psyche with Yales’ Introduction to Psychology.
With so many classes to choose from, we can’t wait to get started! You can find the full list of over 400 courses here. Happy learning!
Share this story so others can explore with you.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.