Adding a second pet to your household isn’t always an easy adjustment, especially if you happen to have a feline with an attitude.
When Rinsa and her family decided to bring a Samoyed dog named Romeo home, they knew introducing him to Casper, their Himalayan Persian cat, would be complicated. Casper isn’t exactly known for his friendly nature, but with a patient, gentle transition, his walls came down!
Over the course of several days, Casper began warming up to Romeo. Rinsa started out by introducing them through a glass door before working up to face-to-face meetings. After some hissing and a few half-hearted claw swipes, Casper tried out being affectionate with the big, fluffy pup instead.
These days, the two of them are the best of friends! They go everywhere together, even on hiking trips and car rides. Luckily for us, Rinsa keeps the world up-to-date on their adorable relationship on Instagram. Every picture makes us love the hilarious “odd couple” even more!
1. “When I’m home late for one minute…. Casper: ‘Welcome home!’ Romeo: ‘Unacceptable.'”
2. Romeo is always camera-ready. Casper… not as much.
3. Romeo loves Christmas! Casper could take it or leave it.
4. “What are you so happy about?”
5. How can he look so comfortable yet so unhappy about it?
6. What a beautiful spot for a picture! Casper: “I hate it.”
7. “Hangin’ out the passenger side of his best friend’s ride, tryin’ to holla at me….”
8. The narrowed eyes tell us that while Casper may be present, he’s not pleased about it.
9. Best hat ever! (As long as he doesn’t use his claws, that is.)
10. At least one of them was ready for a close-up.
Opposites really do attract! We could look at Casper’s grumpy little face all day long, and Romeo’s big smile is the perfect complement.
Watch these two fur babies meet for the first time in the video below, and don’t forget to share this story.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.