We’ve all geeked out about something at some point. But when the charming David Tennant does it, it feels like a reassuring pat on the back. You know him best from shows like “Doctor Who” and “Broadchurch,” but did you also know he’s a fountain of wisdom?
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Here are some of his most memorable quotes.
1. “I still am a geek, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something.”
Unapologetically embracing our passions is a form of self-acceptance. David reminds us it’s more than okay to be enthusiastic about what we love.
2. “I was hugely formed by stories I was told as a child whether that was in a book, the cinema, theatre or television and probably television more than any medium is what influenced me as a child and formed my response to literature, story-telling and, therefore, the world around me.”
Stories are powerful tools in shaping who we become. David’s reflection emphasizes how media, especially TV, can mold our perceptions and values.
3. “I’m a good person, I hope. But I’m never as good as I want to be, never as nice as I want to be, never as generous as I want to be.”
Striving for self-improvement is natural. Even those we admire have their own internal battles.
4. “To have someone who’s got a strong individual voice that is allowed to be heard is quite increasingly rare. These people need to be cherished.”
In a world of noise, authentic voices are treasures. Standing by and supporting these unique perspectives is vital.
5. “And the very fact of how you speak somehow influences who you are. The way you move, the way you think, it seeps into your being, and it’s quite hard to really break that down entirely.”
The power of expression goes beyond words. Our chosen form of communication shapes our identity.
6. “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
Life’s value isn’t in its duration but its depth. Make every moment count!
7. “When you’re older, you want to be scared because you understand more where the boundaries between fantasy and reality are, and I suppose they are more blurred the younger you are.”
Fear evolves with understanding. Age provides a clearer lens on the divide between imagination and reality.
After diving deep into David’s thoughts, one thing’s for sure — this man’s wisdom goes beyond his acting roles. Dive into your passions, embrace your inner geek, and always cherish those who stand out.
Share this article if David Tennant’s words resonate with you!
You can find the source of this story’s featured image here.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.