Many of us hope and wish for the moment we’ll finally get to meet our favorite celebrities.
But imagine finding out that you did meet, hang out with, or even date a famous person back in the day… you just didn’t know it quite yet. Welcome to the world of these 24 people who realized they were, indeed, pretty friendly with some very big names before they attained fame.
1. “My aunt dated Ashton back when he was Chris so I thought I’d take this time to let everybody else know about my family treasure.”
2. “So my mom dated Woody Harrelson.”
3. And here we see Ariana Grande and her old theater friend doing “Cinderella the way it’s supposed to be done.”
the #1 good news email read by 700K+ people.
4. “My uncle and his best friend. Apparently he was some famous rapper (Tupac) back in the day.”
5. “My mom was childhood friends with John Travolta and we found a photo of my nana and him after one of his shows when he did theatre! Look at the 70s hair…”
6. “So my mom decides to tell me she dated John Legend secretly when I was 10??”
7. “My aunt knew Bradley Cooper in college before he was famous.”
8. “When my aunt dated Jamie Foxx and we called him Uncle Jamie.”
9. “My mom dated Adam Sandler in high school … This is them at prom!”
10. “My best friend’s mom went to high school with Josh Duhamel and found this in her yearbook. I think I see a mullet.”
11. “Found Michelle Obama in my uncle’s yearbook.”
12. “My grandpa and the Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short) 1945. He dated her and was an FBI suspect.”
13. “Just found these pics of Leo with my family…(he dated my aunt).”
14. “My mom had a thing with Blake Shelton a long time ago while my aunt dated his bass player & she found a picture.”
15. “So my mom dated Matt Leblanc and she finally found a picture of them.”
16. “Kevin Hart went to my bro’s highschool. Our highschool was actually featured in his Laugh at My Pain movie.”
17. “My wife used to date ‘The Fonz’ (Henry Winkler) in the late 70’s.”
18. “My sister dated Macho Man Randy Savage back in the 90’s. This is me with him.”
19. “My friend’s parents used to be friends with Drake’s parents. She found this picture and realized who the kid was. (1989)”
20. “I just found out a friend of mine went to high school with Zac Efron. He pulled out his yearbook as proof.”
21. “My mom and aunt were friends with Floyd (Mayweather).”
22. “I’m dead my sis used to date Usher in high school and she just now telling me this.”
23. “Turns out my mom dated a movie star in high school (Josh Hartnett).”
24. “My aunt dated Jimmy Fallon.”
It’s very satisfying knowing normal people aren’t the only ones who go through a hilariously awkward phase. Share this story with others for a little laugh.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.