Most pets experience the indignity of the “cone of shame” at some point in their lives.
While these devices protect dogs and cats after surgeries and injuries, we can’t exactly explain the circumstances to them. As such, the poor things act like they’re being punished and humiliated for no good reason.
Even when they look like satellite dishes, they’re still just as adorable in our eyes! If you need a reason to smile today, check out these 22 coned cuties and try not to laugh!
1. “Picked up my new lamp from the vet today.”
2. When you’re too floofy for even a large cone.
3. Why use a cone of shame when you have this “toast of healing”?
4. A vast improvement.
5. At least this cutie isn’t alone!
6. Revenge is imminent.
7. What are siblings good for if not to pester you?
8. It’s only fair that the human suffers too.
9. “Suddenly, the cone of shame isn’t so bad.”
10. “Cone of cooties.”
11. When life gives you cones, make flowers.
12. “This is the smallest cone the hospital had.”
13. Supportive friends make all the difference.
14. When you know you can’t groom yourself but you have to try.
15. The look of defeat.
16. Here we have a rare sight: a pet trying to get into the cone of shame!
17. 404 error: cat not found.
18. “Maaa I said no pictures!”
19. When it all becomes too much.
20. If looks could kill.
21. Pixar, we’ve found your newest intro star!
22. The kneading must go on.
These poor critters. If only they knew the cones are for their own good! While we’re sure their owners feel a little guilty, at least they can take comfort in the fact that their furry friends are making other people smile.
Share this story to give other pet owners a laugh.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.