1. Your marriage is not guaranteed to be as good as your vows. It depends on what you put into it each day.
2. The roots of your love need to run deep from the start. If the love is attraction or surface-based, the love will die.
3. Some parts of your marriage will be frustrating, but love enough to be patient to ride out the lows and receive the highs.stocksnap
4. The grass is not always greener. Even if it looks more lush, you don't know the quality of the soil.StockSnap
5. It's more than the ring. Can you imagine growing old or being sick with this person?StockSnap
6. It's best to cool off alone before throwing down harsh words in a fight.StockSnap
7. Both of you need to take turns steering the wheel.StockSnap
8. If your partner backs away and avoids talking, you may have to wait for them to come back around. Patiently.StockSnap
9. Marriage is not always exciting. Finding the joy in the day-to-day will serve your marriage well.StockSnap
10. A good marriage means getting your hands dirty. Participating each day. Not expecting perfection.StockSnap
11. We are all under construction as works in progress. Accept your partner as long as he or she is working on it.StockSnap
12. Intimacy is the one thing that separates your marriage from your other relationships. Nurture it.
13. A good marriage requires two people who are both still learning about life and each other.
14. Sometimes, marriage requires you to bend down and tie your partner's shoes when he or she just can't do it.
15. Expect there to be some serious storms in your marriage. You might question your love for your partner and feel alone at times.
16. But good marriages have two partners who work through tough times and see the light of a brand-new, better day.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.