Our planet is as strange as it is beautiful.
Take succulents, for example. Not only are they easy to care for, but they also come in a large variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. While we’ve seen many of them, some are so bizarre that they look like something out of a sci-fi movie. But if you ask us, that’s what makes them so stunning! Prepare for a spectacular journey as you check out these 20 unusual plants.
1. Faucaria felina are also known as “tiger jaws.”
2. Haworthia cooperi resembles bunches of tiny watermelons!
3. Fenestraria rhopalophylla or “baby toes.”
4. Lithops ruschiorum.
5. Monilaria obconica or bunny succulents. Aren’t they adorable?
6. Crassula umbella or “wine cup.”
7. Stapelia gigantea.
8. Lithops or “living stone.” While the name describes their rock-like appearance, these look a little bit like brains or candy!
9. In fact, “living stone” would better describe this Lapidaria margaretae!
10. Conophytum calculus, though we prefer to call it an alien apple.
11. Conophytum pageae, the spitting image of kissing lips!
12. Crested Senecio vitalis — or a mermaid’s tail.
13. Crested Myrtillocactus geometrizans, which look like a billowing cloud of smoke.
14. Greenovia dodrantalis, the succulent that decided to be a rose instead.
15. Trachyandra tortilis, which could definitely pass as several crazy straws.
16. Euphorbia globosa, which looks like it’s waving!
17. Haworthia truncata or “horse’s teeth.”
18. Ceropegia bosseri. As one Reddit user aptly said, “It looks like someone planted the tail vertebrae of a cat.”
19. Albuca concordiana. Could its curls be any cuter?
20. Gasteria glomerata has nothing to do with flamingos, but it sure looks like them!
One word comes to mind — wow! It’s hard to believe these actually exist! What an incredibly diverse planet we live on.
Share this story so others can marvel at these odd beauties with you.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.