Hold on to your hats, folks! We mean that both literally and figuratively, because you’re about to be blown away by the cutest hat-wearing bird you’ve ever seen.
His name is Finn, and he’s a Bobwhite quail who has become quite the celebrity online. His human, Bernard Henry, is a former medical student who took over his family’s farm and transformed it into Far Hen Farms in Danbury, Connecticut. Most of his birds live outdoors, but Bernard keeps Finn as a “house quail.”
What self-respecting house quail could live without a wide variety of hats to choose from? Not this one!
1. Fat Hen Farms specializes in rare chicken breeds. No word on whether or not the chickens get to wear hats, too.
2. Bernard started off just breeding chickens, but says the farm “kind of expanded out of nowhere. We have emus, turkey, quail, all kinds of birds here now.”
3. But there’s only one Finn!
4. Finn features prominently in Bernard’s videos. People can’t get enough of his adorable hat options!
5. Someone has even been knitting Finn little wool ear-flap caps. Squee!
6. How adorable is this strawberry cap?
7. Just when we think we’ve found a favorite, an even better one sprouts up.
8. We never even knew we wanted a giraffe hat… until now.
9. Move over, Rudolph! This little cutie can lead our sleigh anyday.
10. “Take me to your leader!”
11. Somehow the mushrooms are even more appealing than the strawberries, and we didn’t think that was possible!
12. Say hello to Pikachu, everyone.
13. He’s got the perfect chapeau for every holiday.
14. New favorite alert! (Again!)
15. Here’s how Finn’s hat collection ranked with fans.
We don’t know which to get first: a house quail or an assortment of tiny hats! Maybe we should sleep on it before committing.
Share this story with someone who loves birds… and hats!
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.