Nothing says “welcome home” like adding personal touches to your humble abode — actually making those changes, however, can be intimidating, especially if you’re not feeling inspired.
That’s where the Internet comes in! With subreddits like Home Decorating Ideas, you can find all the inspiration your heart desires. Keep scrolling to see some of our favorites! Even if you don’t plan on changing up your décor anytime soon, these photos are awe-inspiring, nonetheless.
1. “Didn’t know what to do with this space between the kitchen and dining room to separate the rooms so decided to make it a breakfast bar. Very little DIY skills at this point also.”
2. “I recently finished my laundry room makeover! Doing all of this myself, I am so proud of how everything turned out!”
3. “Can’t do much at my apartments but decided to cozy up our dog’s ‘bedroom'”
4. “Not sure if this counts as home decorating. Our garage is the only part of our house you can see from the street so we commissioned an artist to paint a mural, we love it.”
5. “My son’s Vintage Disney Nursery — I found these 70s Disney vinyl records from the Thriftshop and the frames are from Ikea.”
6. “Wanted to share my pink ceiling lamp that I thrifted for $9.99. P.S. still on the hunt for a rug.”
7. It’s a stairwell with a mountain view!
8. “Military housing made cozy.”
9. “I hand painted a mural in my dining room. I find painting very relaxing, and now have three different murals in my home.”
10. Who else would love to spend a day in this cozy reading corner?
11. “Just Completed — A micro office I created from a really junky hall closet.”
12. “The difference a bit of paint can make.”
13. It’s amazing what can be done to a small patio while on a budget!
14. This DIY kitchen makeover took 2 weeks of hard work… and it was certainly worth it!
15. “I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago. The place has changed a little.”
Raise your hand if you’re already clearing your schedule to revamp your entire living space! Just us? In any case, these décor ideas show that no matter how big or small the project, adding even the smallest personal touches can change the entire room and make it more “you.”
Don’t forget to share this list of spectacular décor to inspire a friend.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$21.18 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$21.18 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.