When we think of pets, we normally think of dogs, cats, and maybe the occasional indoor bunny.
We don’t often think of ducks as being pets; they’re more like farm livestock. There’s a Twitter page that disagrees with this line of thinking, however. “Why You Should Get A Duck” has more than 487,000 followers who have all become duck fanatics thanks to their uber-cute posts. Honestly, their evidence is pretty convincing.
1. You can carry ducklings around in your pocket. I mean, come on.
2. Kittens cuddle with ducklings. Have you ever seen anything this adorable in your entire life? Didn’t think so.
3. Ducks might mistake a stuffed toy for a friend. We are SOLD.
4. Ducklings can use a dog as a duck school bus.
5. You can take your duck on trips with this cool clear backpack.
6. You’ll find the most precious accidental selfies on your camera roll.
7. We honestly can’t handle the cuteness!
8. Ducks can be totally silly, like this guy who must have dropped his keys or something.
9. Those little webbed feetsies!
10. If you can’t see why you need a duck just by looking at this picture, we can’t help you.
11. They’re just so happy and sweet! Positively quack-tastic.
12. They’re talented too. Need a drummer for your band? Done!
13. See? Ducks totally rock.
14. Somebody’s fresh from the beauty parlor and ready to rumble!
15. Last but not least, always accept the call. Always.
We don’t know about you, but we are sold on the idea of adding a duck (or three!) to our family. It turns out we’ve been living a lie all this time — we’re actually urban farmers who can totally keep ducks! Just don’t tell our landlords!
Share this story to convince your friends to join the duck-owning movement.
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$13.44 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$13.44 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.