No one ever claimed parenting is easy, especially when it comes to feeding picky children.
While some little ones will scarf down any meal you put in front of them, the majority of toddlers are notoriously picky eaters. An Instagram account called “My Kid Can’t Eat This” is all about these frustrations when it comes to mealtime.
More than 112,000 people have followed the page, all eager to commiserate over the hilarious reasons their kids have turned up their nose at their culinary offerings. Here are 15 of our favorite stories!
1. “She claimed her grilled cheese was ‘too grilled.’ Guess now we wait for the visit from CPS.”
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
2. “Because it’s not Halloween candy.”
3. “Because ‘it’s too hot.'”
4. “My kid can’t eat this full bowl of oatmeal because she wants more oatmeal.”
5. “Because after watching the movie ‘Ratatouille’ 658,098,764 times and asking me to make what they made 787,628 times, I spent hours scouring the internet for the exact same recipe from the movie and made it, and now they can’t eat it because a rat didn’t make it.”
6. “Because I told him it was a leg… he doesn’t eat anyone’s legs. He only likes wings and parts you don’t name… but no legs.”
7. “Because by removing the cherry seeds, I turned them into olives.”
8. “Because all she wanted in life was toast but now she’s ‘full.'”
9. “Because while pretzels are yummy, and Goldfish are delicious, pretzel Goldfish are PURE BLASPHEMY.”
10. “Because he wanted apples and peanut butter and this is…”
11. “Because after saying he wanted a hot dog and then begging for a hamburger, he’s done after two bites. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!”
12. “Because it’s the wrong colored bowl and I had the crazy idea of adding milk to it.”
13. “Because after she told me to peel and cut it, she now wants me to put it back together.”
14. “Because it’s not being served on the floor.”
15. “Because ‘some of the yellow parts are too dark yellow.’ Does anyone have a highlighter?”
Hang in there, new parents! The good news is most kids outgrow this picky attitude toward food. By the time they’re teenagers, they will literally eat everything in your house. Trust us!
Share this story to let a parent know they’re not alone.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.