If you’re like a lot of people, chances are you haven’t even met all of the neighbors who live nearby.
We often fall into a rut, routine-wise, and forget to branch out and meet new people. The stories below remind us that when we do muster up the courage to knock on a neighbor’s door, we may wind up with so much more than a cup of sugar.
1. This charming older man goes to store early every morning to bring his neighbor her breakfast.
2. When he heard his new neighbor playing the piano, he couldn’t stop himself from joining in!
This became one of the sweetest back-and-forths ever.
3. Man becomes best buddies with neighbor who has cerebral palsy. Their adventures are a true celebration of life!
4. A school community surprised this teenager who was devastated that his bike was stolen.
We couldn’t ask for a more beautiful reminder that there are so many kind people in the world!
5. The best driveway surprise.
When Dave Palazzolo saw a kid riding his bike in his driveway every day, he could have gotten mad. Instead, he did something awesome.
6. Older neighbor invites young lady in for tea when she mentions her anxiety.
7. London strangers discover unexpected way to correspond during COVID lockdowns.
Londoners who may never have crossed paths formed a solid new friendship with a little help from a feline mail carrier named Billy.
8. School bus swings by grandma’s house every morning to brighten her day.
9. Woman becomes surrogate granny to 2-year-old neighbor next door.
Before the novel coronavirus pandemic, their almost 100-year-old neighbor mostly kept to herself. When the weather got nice and they ventured outdoors, Mary became best buddies with 2-year-old Benjamin.
10. This little girl learned sign language so she could chat with her mail carrier.
11. After 209 days in the NICU, this baby and his family received the most precious welcome home from their community.
12. City block gathers to hear talented musicians playing together, but separately, from their individual apartments.
13. Bella the dog doesn’t care about stereotypes; she absolutely adores her mailman BFF!
14. Little boy who loves Jeeps got the surprise of his life when a local club threw him his very own parade.
15. When a regular customer suffered a panic attack, these two Starbucks employees literally went the extra mile to show him they care.
Humans thrive in communities, so remember, don’t try to go it alone. Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself! You never know where a simple “hello” might lead!
Don’t forget to share this story to make someone smile.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.