The only thing better than getting a delicious meal at a restaurant is getting a free laugh out of it, too!
That’s exactly what customers can expect when they visit El Arroyo, a Tex-Mex restaurant located in Austin, Texas. In addition to their tasty food, they’re known for the hilarious jokes, quotes, and heartwarming messages they display on the marquee at the front of their building. They have many of them posted on Instagram, so we’ve put together a list of some of their best — keep scrolling to enjoy!
1. El Arroyo has been serving customers "a side of laughs" since 1975.
2. Over the years, they’ve crafted countless creative messages.
3. That includes this sign which is far too relatable.
4. After nearly 50 years in business, you might think they’d run out of good material, but they haven’t had any problems so far!
5. In fact, to help them out, El Arroyo’s website features a page where people can submit their own ideas.
6. Staff goes through these submissions, and they have an absolute blast while doing it!
7. Choosing which ones to go with can be tough, but Laura Schulte, the social media manager at El Arroyo, says they usually go by "what makes us laugh and is most applicable to current events."
8. Whatever methods they use, they’re definitely working!
9. Because people can’t get enough of signs like this one. Because, come on, pets are so cute when they walk with purpose!
10. These signs are so popular, in fact, that they have all sorts of merch available on their website.
11. Some of it features the restaurant’s logo, but a huge portion of what they offer is covered in various marquee messages.
12. That means you can get jokes like this one on mugs, party cups, candles, calendars, stickers, car air refreshers, coasters, and more!
13. Although El Arroyo tends to keep their signs on the lighthearted side, they also have plenty of inspirational messages and comments on serious world events, both of which customers can find comfort in.
14. "We've seen a lot of success with our signs about past elections, and current events such as commentary on the pandemic," Laura said.
15. No matter the type of message El Arroyo shares, one thing is for sure: They’re a great way to bring people together, even those who don’t live anywhere near the location of the store.
Since the opening of El Arroyo, their mission has been to serve great food with great messages, something they can confidently say they’ve accomplished. It’s hard to imagine how they’ll top these incredible signs in the future, but we know they will, and we can’t want to see them!
Don’t forget to share this list with a friend who could use a laugh.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.