Home designs are as unique as the people who create them, and they often reflect their personalities, hobbies, and interests.
But what if their interests are… just a little odd? There are several fun social media pages that specialize in spotlighting strange homes and the bizarre features that lurk inside them. Here’s a sampling of the totally out-of-this-world real estate featured on two of our favorite Instagram pages, Zillow Gone Wild and What The Crazy House. Buckle up, folks, it’s a wild ride!
1. This dome home in Somonauk, Illinois could be yours. If you think the outside is odd, wait till you see inside!
2. As if these tiled spiral stairs weren’t already a death trap, let’s add a random pole.
3. Yar, mateys! Permission to come aboard your very own pirate ship house? Remove your shoes or you’ll have to walk the plank.
4. This is perfect for those who want to feel like they’re bathing in a cave. (And really, who doesn’t?)
5. The outside looks like something out of “Alice In Wonderland,” but the inside is a blank slate. That’s a nice way of saying it’s totally unfinished.
6. If your house comes with a useless landing with no way to access it, why not do it up? The dinosaur head mounted on the wall is a nice touch.
7. The idea of extra storage in your stairs seemed like such a good idea…. The execution, however, gives us a headache.
8. Want privacy? How about your very own seaport built during World War I off the coast of England? It’s not weird that it exists, but it’s a bit weird they’re selling it as a house!
9. They really, really, really wanted solar panels.
10. What must the neighbors think of this unique landscaping? In case you’re wondering, the dino theme continues inside!
11. “Let me just get my step stool so I can get stuff out of the floating fridge.”
12. Finally, an affordable place to live in Naalehu, Hawaii! You might have to fight off the local wildlife for your breakfast, but the weather is worth it.
13. Remove the tree before building? Why would we ever do that?
14. Just what you wanted, a fireplace that looks like it was cobbled together by toddlers.
15. Welcome to the bathroom of your nightmares!
Suddenly our plain little houses don’t seem so bad! We’ve got to hand it to these designers, though. They wanted to be unique, and they nailed it!
Share this story to give someone a chuckle — or perhaps some zany inspiration.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$13.74 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$13.74 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.