Growing older is a privilege, but that doesn’t mean we have to like everything about it!
We’ll never get used to being called “ma’am” or “sir,” for instance, and crow’s feet are for the birds. Since there are memes for every stage in life, here are a few that perfectly sum up what it feels like to be an adult on the outside while remaining a big kid on the inside.
1. “If it ain’t broke, why fix it?”
Welcome to adulthood. You get mad when they rearrange the grocery store now. pic.twitter.com/AcB50gDxb3— someone of gen z (@GenSomeone) January 12, 2021
2. Your definition of fun just might not look the same as mine.
3. Does everyone like the same burner, or does it just feel that way?
4. This is not “sad,” it’s actually the best Friday night we’ve had in ages!
5. Our sweatpants and sofa always seem to call our name the moment we get home.
6. Shh! Don’t let anyone know we have no idea what we’re doing! (Spoiler alert: neither does anybody else!)
7. We would humiliate ourselves on any game show if it meant getting a new fridge.
8. What? It takes a lot out of us!
9. It’s just so satisfying!
10. My childhood self would be so mad.
11. Just ask the DoorDash driver. He knows exactly where our money goes!
12. Happens every single time.
13. Circumstances haven’t quite worked out as we’d hoped.
14. We enjoy the little things because sometimes, that’s all we’ve got.
15. Every penny counts!
There’s a lot more to being an adult than just cooking, cleaning, and staying home instead of partying. There’s paying taxes, too! Oh well, as the saying goes, getting older sure beats the alternative!
Share this story to make someone smile today.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$14.88 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$14.88 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.