The late Johnny Carson was an American TV host and comedian who spent three decades hosting “The Tonight Show.”
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
While he was notable for his hilarity, his kind heart always radiated through in his hosting, too. On and off the show, Johnny offered powerful and inspirational insights into life and meaning, leading to some fantastic quotes.
So, without further ado, heeeeere’s Johnny!
1. “Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly imagine.”
2. “My success just evolved from working hard at the business at hand each day.”
3. “I am one of the lucky people in the world: I found something I always wanted to do, and I have enjoyed every single minute of it.”
4. “Whatever you do, you’re going to be criticized.”
5. “Talent alone won’t make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: ‘Are you ready?'”
6. “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.”
7. “Adults ask questions as a child does. When you stop wondering, you might as well put your rocker on the front porch and call it a day.”
8. “I owe one thing to my public — the best performance I can give.”
9. “Pie throwing is kind of a lost art, and although it may be a rather rudimentary, burlesque humor, there’s something inherently funny about taking a pie in the face, under the right conditions.”
10. “The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.”
Truer words have never been spoken. Thank you, Johnny Carson, for your legacy of humor, wisdom, and pies in the face!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.