What would Ariel or Belle look like if they lived in our modern world?
That’s the question 29-year-old art major Yudelmis “Yudie” San Emeterio asks every time she sits down at her iPad to draw. Joining in on a TikTok trend, Yudie uses a single frame from popular Disney movies and gives the beloved characters updated makeup, hair, and clothing styles. The results are the famous faces we know and love, but with a distinctly modern look.
1. “Saw people doing ‘glow ups’ of Disney characters so I decided to do my own,” she captioned one of her first creations. “I went for a more subtle change!”
2. “My main goal with my videos is to keep the changes in the transformation as close as possible to the style and texture of the original art,” she explained.
3. “I think art can sometimes be undervalued or ignored on these platforms, so I really just want to open people up to more of it,” she continued.
4. Even though Yudie changes their looks, she thinks everyone is beautiful no matter what their style may be.
5. “None of my videos are meant to suggest a particular beauty standard. All the princesses are beautiful just as they are, and my videos are only exploring different looks for fun!”
6. “No one should have to feel that they have to look like these characters — before or after my transformations. Everyone is beautiful!” the artist said.
7. It’s fascinating to watch Yudie’s design process. Each video includes her actual brushstrokes as she adds to these iconic faces.
8. She somehow manages to create a huge change for each character without altering what makes them uniquely Disney.
9. In fact, Yudie’s drawings are so good, they look like they came straight out of Disney studios!
10. It’s not only Disney princesses who get makeovers. Here’s Prince Eric’s transformation.
11. There’s something amazing about seeing a cartoon that was drawn decades ago transformed to reflect the times.
12. Pocahontas goes from casual to supermodel in just a few flicks of Yudie’s stylus.
13. And Elsa goes from frosty to just plain cool.
14. We love what she did with Anna’s hair. So cute!
15. And finally, here’s Belle looking anything but beastly.
Yudie is so talented! She clearly has the eye of a true artist, and we can’t wait to see what she does next. With a little luck, Disney will come calling to hire her!
Share this story to make someone smile today.
Share to Give!
$6.51 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$6.51 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.