Nearly everyone has something they’re insecure about, yet those who are closest to us love us anyway.
People on TikTok are making videos to combat that sort of negative thinking. The trend is called “You Are Enough,” based on the song by Sleeping At Last. It’s a lovely way to tell people that they’re more than their self-perceived “flaws” — they’re enough.
1. His little sister says she’s not “normal like other sisters” because of her special needs.
2. No one wanted this rescue dog with a disability, but she is enough for her new owner.
3. Her stepfather was “the dad [he] didn’t have to be.” He’s enough.
4. “I’m sorry you have a fat wife. You’re probably embarrassed.”
5. She thought it wasn’t a good time to get pregnant, but her daughter wound up coming at “the perfect time.”
6. Big John deserves a safe, happy retirement.
7. “I wish I wasn’t deaf. I hate my ears.”
8. Mom: “I’m sorry your dad wasn’t in the picture.”
9. Foster kitty got zero applicants, but he’s enough.
10. “I hate how skinny I am. I wish I was more muscular.”
11. Cancer survivor dad is insecure about his facial differences.
12. Sister gets bullied because of her nose.
13. Dad says, “I’m sorry I’m just a taxi driver,” but his daughter knows he sacrificed everything to give her a good life.
14. Her uncle wasn’t sure she wanted him at the concert, but he is enough for her!
15. “I’m sorry I’m so much older than everyone else’s dad.”
The people who matter most love us for who we are, not what we look like or what we do for a living. To them, we’re enough just as we are. Isn’t that enough?
Share this story to tell someone they’re perfect just the way they are.
Share to Give!
$6.06 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$6.06 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.