If art truly “imitates life,” we should all be sitting down on a fluffy sandwich-couch right about now. At least, we would be if we lived in Gab Bois’ world.
Gab is an artist from Montreal, Canada whose work features ordinary objects with an unconventional twist. She’s got over 659,000 fans on Instagram, and her page features incredibly diverse and unique photos and sculptures of impossible combinations, like a purse made out of gumballs or sandals formed from sand. Put simply, you won’t find anything like her work anywhere else!
1. This fall, Gab teamed up with Montreal-based furniture designer “élément de base” to cast her artist’s eye on their designs. As usual, she came up with a series that is as surprising as it is… delicious?
2. On each picture, EDB stated that Gab had interpreted their sofas in “her own unique visual language.”
3. Each design is handmade by the artist with “no computers involved.”
4. Gab told Elle that she was in college studying to become a teacher when her art took off on Instagram.
5. “It was never the plan to make a career out of it, but thanks to many factors, my photography gained some great attraction on Instagram, to the point where I decided to pause my studies and try out a career in the arts,” she told the outlet. “So far, it’s been a great ride, and I’m thankful every day that I get the space and time to follow this creative path.”
We don’t know about you, but this art is making us hungry! Gab truly has a talent for seeing the world in a different way.
Share this story to share her unique and fun vision with the world.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$6.78 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.