Everyone could use more joy in their lives. That’s why Rudy Willingham of Seattle, Washington, is on a mission to spread a little wherever he goes!
When the imaginative artist looks at his surroundings, he sees beyond what’s in front of him. Using paper cutouts of his favorite pop culture idols and characters, Rudy transforms everyday objects into whimsical scenes that bring smiles to everyone who sees them.
“I’ll look at a light in our building and say, ‘That kind of looks like an alien head.’ Then I’ll put a paper cutout underneath the light and turn it into a martian,” Rudy told Bored Panda. “I think it’s that childlike imagination that people connect with. I’ve always loved street art that plays with its surroundings.”
Check out 15 ways Rudy has brightened his city’s streets with “paper graffiti” below, and prepare to have your mood boosted!
1. If “Hakuna Matata” was a flower species.
2. All you have to do is water your plants, and your wish is his command!
3. Albert “Vinstein.”
4. A stunning tribute to Kobe Bryant.
5. Teenage mutant children at play.
6. “Mmm… donuts!”
7. “I’ll be back… on your tail lights.”
8. This symbol’s meaning? Pedestrian rocking!
9. The perfect match!
10. Paradise Falls, here we come!
11. The smoothest set up to a slam dunk we’ve ever seen.
12. “Figured out what happened to the West Seattle Bridge.”
13. “Carth Vader.”
14. Oscar the Grouch? More like Oscar the leafy cutie!
15. Magical moonlight.
Talk about creative! We can’t get enough of Rudy’s playful pieces. If you feel the same, be sure to check out more of them on Instagram.
Share Rudy’s unique artwork to spread some cheer today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.