The #rateaspecies trend caught fire last week, and it’s all thanks to an employee at the Oregon Zoo.
After reading an Amazon review for a pair of hiking boots, he wrote up a short review for an orphaned sea otter pup housed at the zoo and sent it out with the hashtag #rateaspecies. Then the Monterey Bay Aquarium got in on the act, and next thing you know, other zoos, aquariums, and even domestic pet owners jumped on the bandwagon.
These tongue-in-cheek tweets are unique, descriptive and truly hilarious.
Did your favorite animal make it on our list?
1. Also, does not get along with small, fast-moving animals.
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
2. And unlike Roomba, can spot debris from the air.
3. Also loves long, midnight strolls along the ocean floor.
4. So cute, he’ll probably steal your girlfriend.
5. Well-insulated coat protects against damage.
6. Warning: Do not disrupt while recharging.
7. Bonus: Doubles as a rock-climbing partner.
8. Does not do well with cats.
9. Manufacturer does not recommend wrestling or rough-housing in any way with this particular model.
10. Easily transportable. Does just as well on top of the TV as on the roof.
11. Keep away from water.
12. And steer clear when he’s docked at the recharging station (food bowl).
13. A Picasso? This guy is much better than a Picasso.
14. But handle with care.
15. Also extremely photogenic.
16. Small enough to fit in your pocket, but very fragile.
17. Newer models are available, but nowhere near as cute.
18. Also has a nasty habit of leaving trails of slime wherever he goes.
19. Do not leave exposed to direct light for extended periods.
20. This model comes with a head that rotates and the instincts of a serial killer.
Aren’t these hilarious?! Be sure to share to spread more laughs!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.