As the youngest of three, I know nothing about the jealousy that comes when parents announce you will no longer be the youngest or only child. But these kids know all about it.
Gone are the days of all the attention being on you. You’re no longer the baby, coddled like there’s no one else in the world.
If you’re a parent with more than one kid, you know the look on your little one’s face when they suddenly realize this horror. Siblings can fondly look back on that memory, and thankfully, with these hilarious photos, so can we!
1. Mom brought her new baby sister home from the hospital so this little girl packed up her stuff and tried to leave!
2. Reality has set in: He’s now the middle child.
3. You can never really prepare for an eviction like this.
4. “What did they do?!”
5. Not going to lie, I’m a little worried for this baby.
6. “I… I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.”
7. Happiness all around — oh, wait.
8. “What do I do with my hands?”
9. “What’s that doing here?”
10. She’s reevaluating all the life decisions that brought her here.
11. He’s pretty excited about this whole “big brother” thing.
12. “Oh, you wanted me to smile for this sweet photo? Yeah, too bad.”
13. This couple wrote: “Pretty happy with how our pregnancy announcement turned out.”
14. The struggle is real.
15. Oof, that’s a tough pill to swallow, my friend.
16. I’d love to give her the benefit of the doubt and say this was a poorly timed yawn, but we all know the truth…
Even though it takes some getting used to, siblings generally come to love the new additions to the family.
Share this if it made you smile or remember a similar family moment!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.