As we say on the Internet, “Dogs are the best people!”
There’s something so wholesome about them. They guide us, comfort us, and keep us company each day, and they’re always proving that with the right attitude, anything is possible! Here are 18 very good boys and girls whose stories will warm your heart.
1. Leonard the dog woke up his owner at 5 a.m. to let him know there was smoke in the hallway of their apartment complex. Thanks to the early warning, everyone got out safely. Good boy, Leonard!
2. A woman spent 199 days helping this dog mom be social so she could rescue her feral pups. “Every minute was worth it!”
the #1 good news email read by 700K+ people.
3. This stray dog used to hang out by himself on a dock. When a wild pelican came around, they quickly became friends. Eventually the man who took this picture adopted the pup, and they still visit the gentle pelican!
4. Two dogs meet in traffic. Of course, one pulls out his favorite toy to show off.
5. “This is Jasper. He is my neighbor’s dog. I can’t leave the house much due to health issues, so anytime he sees me he RUNS back inside his house to bring me back out one of his favorite toys. Today was his duck.”
6. He was left in a shelter after being hit by a car, and he couldn’t stop smiling the day he was rescued!
7. Some people get creative to pet their neighbor’s dog.
8. This puppy was rescued from a fire and grew up to be a firefighter.
9. Proud new mom shows off her two babies.
10. When a stray dog approached a bachelor party after giving birth, the lucky guys adopted them all — including the mama!
11. He may be blind and deaf, but this rescue dog makes it his mission to comfort every foster animal that enters his home.
12. The Humane Society of Missouri has a program that lets kids practice their reading while they keep the dogs company.
13. “When you’re in time-out but your best bud won’t let you do time alone.”
14. When a dog dad discovered his handicapped pup fit perfectly into his hiking backpack, they had to try it out!
15. This shelter takes their residents out for Puppuccinos. The adorable pictures help them get adopted!
16. A dad asked his 4-year-old to tuck in their new puppy and came back to this.
17. This is 100 percent relatable!
18. These cuties are full of love for their new neighbor — even though they haven’t officially met!
Our hearts are melting. Life is so much better with our dogs!
Share this story to make an animal lover smile today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.