It’s never easy when your body doesn’t fit into society’s “norms.”
For people who are very tall, the whole world looks like an obstacle course filled with objects to bang your head on. In the United States, the standard doorway entrance is 80″ high, or about 6’6″. That means anyone over that height has to duck simply to walk into a room! Meanwhile, in other countries the population is much shorter… and they have the doorways and ceilings to match. It can be tough out there for tall folks!
1. This guy went to Europe and his wife thought it was hilarious that he could barely fit in the buildings.
2. “So I finally bought one of those shirts.”
3. “As a 6’7” (2 meter) tall white dude, I’ve been asked to take pictures with a lot of random Chinese people during the past two months living in China.”
4. Looks totally safe!
5. He gets asked how tall he is so frequently that he had business cards printed.
6. “This is how my mum and I hug now.”
7. “The problems of a Dutchman in China.”
8. “I can only sit in a plane like this if there is no seat in front of me, normal seats are 100% impossible or I will block the walking path.”
9. “I’m 6’7” (2 meters) and went to get some tailored shirts made while traveling in Vietnam… they had to get out the ladder to take my measurements.”
10. Mirror Problem: Solved.
11. “My sis-in-law w/hubby and his family.”
12. “Went on vacation on our family’s boat… this is my attempt at taking a shower.”
13. “I’m glad my coworkers care about my safety.”
14. “A Dutch employee gets interviewed by Chinese media.”
15. She’s gonna need a longer tape measure…
16. Mind your head.
17. “I love it when there’s no one sitting in front of me… my legs need to always improvise, adapt, and overcome.”
18. “Here is my friend and I in a kitchen in Copenhagen.”
19. “My tall friend’s solution to using an elliptical.”
20. “I love my job, but can’t wait to get hired into a larger airplane.”
21. He didn’t want to wash his hair anyway.
Things may be rough for tall people, but at least they’ll never have any trouble reaching something off the top shelf for us shorties! Thanks for maintaining your sense of humor, guys.
Please share this message to make a tall person smile today.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.