Dads are pretty amazing for a lot of reasons, but they aren’t really known for being fashionistas. In fact, most dads have a reputation for being a bit behind the curve when it comes to keeping up with current trends.
Fathers and their questionable fashion choices take center stage on the hilarious Fashion Dads Instagram page. In honor of their killer style choices, we combed through to find the very best in dad fashion, including fanny packs, mix-matched patterns, sandals with socks, and those awesome white New Balance sneakers they all seem to love. Seriously, we’ve never seen this much plaid in one place, and it’s glorious.
1. Is it hot in here, or is it just this dad?!
2. “‘Matching?’ I’m not familiar with that term.”
3. The T-shirt may say “grumpy,” but those neon socks say, “par-tay!”
4. Homemade T-shirt tucked into shorts? Check. Headband? Check. Mid-shin-length white socks? You betcha!
5. He’s hip; he’s cool… and he’s got TWO sweatshirts to prove it.
6. A “ninja-bread man” turtleneck? Yeah, he’s got one. (Don’t even get us started about that haircut, Dad.)
7. It takes a real dad to wear a Grinch hat AND SpongeBob pajama pants out of the house.
8. We’re honestly not sure what’s happening with this dad’s bottom half, but we are concerned.
9. Sandals and socks, short shorts, and a down jacket. Let’s just blame this fashion choice on that empty wine glass, shall we?
10. Safety first, kids!
11. When rocking an ugly Christmas sweater, confidence is key.
12. Who says rompers are just for young women? This guy truly has his finger on the pulse of fashion!
13. The ’80s called… they want their torn T-shirt look back.
14. Denim “jorts” AND a mini backpack? Ooh la la.
15. You know, there is such a thing as too much plaid…
16. Pink Floyd on top; MC Hammer on the bottom.
17. The look on his face tells us he’s questioning his fashion choices (with good reason).
18. All neon, all the time! And a fanny pack to boot!
19. This dad knows how to keep people from stealing his luggage.
20. I wonder if he just really likes “Game of Thrones”?
21. When dads travel, they fly in style.
22. Fashion dads — forever pushing what “red carpet ready” means.
23. Is this what everyone talks about when they refer to “golf attire”?
24. Dad rule number 35: tuck everything into gym shorts.
25. He’s got an outfit like this for every day of the week.
26. Teenage girls may try to pull off the shorts and Uggs look, but dads are the only ones who make it work!
27. Everything goes with camo shorts, right?
28. For those who want to wear their cowboy boots, but also show off their fresh pedicure.
29. “What do you mean ‘the 60s are over’?”
30. Just your average dad on the go. Nothing to see here!
Give it up for these hilarious dads! I have a sudden urge to bust out my fanny pack, don’t you?
If this made you smile, please share this story to spread the laughter!